I have been suprisingly productive considering the fact that it's Monday at 11:00 am after a wonderful, relaxing weekend - then again, maybe not. Weekends like that are great for rejuvenation. =) I've put in a couple of job apps already, although I have a lot more hope that my hubby that pull some strings with his contacts than that I will get a job on my own merit. Unless you come across the right person at the right time, your skill set doesn't seem to matter much when what you have to show for the last six years are two beautiful little girls, which the work world tends to look at as a liability rather than a strength. This economy is all wrong - actors and athletes should get paid less, and stay-at-home moms should be the ones rewarded with all that wealth (hey, I can dream! lol)
In addition to doing some job hunting, I have an appointment with a counselor at EWU at 4:00 today to see what I would need to take to finish my degree if I transfer there, and two possible options for community colleges I could attend to finish up the requirements for my AA, and THEN transfer to a four-year. It's so frustrating that I found out in what SHOULD have been my last semester that the math class I was taking no longer counted towards a degree. Also frustrating that at 26 years old I have nothing to show for myself professionally and very little academically, but I have a feeling that's going to turn around here pretty soon. ;-) And besides, what really matters are the things that REALLY mean something, and I am abundantly blessed in those areas.
So back to my wonderful weekend - Jess's friend came over Friday evening and we left around 7:00 and headed to Couer d'Alene, got checked in at the resort and headed straight for the Iron Horse, the restaraunt we went to on our first weekend together that has crab dip that will blow your mind. It was every bit as good as I remembered, unlike most things that you build up in your mind only to be disappointed when it doesn't live up to your memory. We hung around there for a while and listened to the live band, which was pretty good. They did covers of a lot of great songs, so we just sat around watching and laughing at drunk people who were attempting to dance like they were good at it. One such group of people were sitting at the table next to us, and literally the SECOND that V got up to go to the bathroom and was out of sight, two of the guys from that table - one who had already been annoying us - came over to talk to me and try and get me to dance, and as if that weren't bad enough they were both completely plastered and so irritating. I was getting tired of politely telling them "thanks, but no thanks" when V came back from the bathroom and put them in their place. =)
As much fun as it was listening to the band, I didn't want to waste what precious little alone time we had together around a bunch of annoying drunk people regardless of how cool the music was, so we went back to the hotel and [edited for explicit content] (hehe) and went down to one of the lounges in the hotel and watched more drunk people dance, which was even more amusing this time. We came up with names for some of them based on how they were dancing - like a blond woman who looked like she was a cat coughing up a hairball - and were rewarded for our people watching when this one girl who thought she was hot stuff and had been dancing all around and rubbing up on everyone else out there dancing whether she knew them or not totally fell on her butt and embarassed herself - it was AWESOME. lol By the time we went back up to our room, ordered room service and a movie that didn't get watched, it had to have been 4 am by the time we went to sleep. We had to be back home by 2:00 on Saturday so unfortunately there really wasn't time to sleep in, so after a few hours of sleep we got checked out and went to Hudson's, where they have awesome hamburgers and that's about it - they're so famous for them, that's all they need. After we ate we bummed around and looked at a couple of stores - one that had nothing but Irish stuff in it, which was of course greatly appealing to both of us, and then a toy store - I think it was called Figpickle's. =)
After we got home, with the exception of church on Sunday and the potluck right afterwards, all we did was lay around and watch movies. I had never seen the sixth Harry Potter movie or The Three Amigos, which V had been quoting a lot, so we watched those on Saturday and then Grown Ups, which I had seen but he hadn't - it's hilarious. =) Then on Sunday we watched Little Giants - another great movie I had never seen. It was such a relaxing weekend, and we NEVER just sit around and do nothing like that, so it was really nice. =)
This week looks promising thanks to today's appointment at EWU, one tomorrow at a temp agency, and the book idea I'm about to start working on. Funny how time flies when you're so involved in working on something - it's almost noon and I still need to shower and do the dishes, but I need to get some of these ideas out on paper (well, screen) first. I also need to get things situated for California - that will be upon me before I know it, and there are a few things to get prepared for as far as that's concerned. I'll miss home, but it will be nice to see everyone back there after being gone for 3 months. =)
Well, it's time to get on other things - a bunch of things need my attention right now - and I love it that way. I would so much rather be busy and have life be hectic than have nothing to do! Until later. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment