Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Day Late

Ok, so I was working on this blog about two seconds ago and was on my second thing I'm grateful for, and London pressed a button and erased it all. Ah, children! =) This is the third day since I officially started my "gratitude and prayer" entries, and already I've dropped the ball! lol I used to blog pretty much every day, and now I hardly ever do it. Without further ado, here are the three things I'm grateful for today (and hopefully London won't erase it this time!):

1. This moment, right here, right now. I'm happy! And it's about time. I just realized that London and I were both sitting here playing with our hair. lol Like mother, like daughter! I love my girls. =) Right now London and I are sitting on the couch, and she's watching one of the slightly less annoying kids shows while I blog. I have half of my headphones on so I can listen to music and talk to her at the same time, and am replaying the same ten songs over and over, and while I love them with a passion overflowing into obsession right now, next week I will probably like them significantly less if I continue to play them like this. lol Either way, right now I think that life is good and getting better all the time. The future's so bright, I gotta put my shades on . ;)And again, it's about time!

2. I'm grateful for my daughter's school and everyone that works there, everyone who contributes to the wonderful environment there and the Christian education they're getting. Faith has been going there for two years and though there have been days that she's been tired and sluggish to get ready, there hasn't been a day that she hasn't been excited for school. She loves everyone there, and I'm so grateful that she is seeing such good examples of Christian men and women when she is away from me all day. I think raising a child is often a joint effort with many people your child comes in contact with since everyone has an influence, and this is exactly the kind of influence I want her to have when she's away from me. In addition to that aspect of it, she's also learning so much! She comes home with equal knowledge of numbers, letters, and Bible. I love it!

3. Music! I listen to music every chance I get. I have such a wide variety of musical interests - I'm listening to Better Than Ezra right now, and I have artists like LeAnn Rimes, Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, FeFe Dobson, The Four Tops, Dierks Bentley (just to name a few. lol) on the playlist that I listen to most often. I can apply some song to every situation or person in my life that's close to my heart. If my life was a movie, there are a thousand songs you could use as background music. There are some songs that really speak to me, but even if it's just a fun song I love, love, LOVE to listen to music. =)

And now for the ever-present flaws...here are the three things I feel I need to work on:

1. I am fickle. I am high-maintenance when it comes to maintaining my interest in something. It can be done, but sometimes it takes more effort than people are willing to put in, and that's definitely something that I need to work on.

2. I gossip way too much. I've been getting a lot better about getting my mouth shut about things and keeping confidences (inclduing my own! lol)but there's always room for improvement.

3. I don't fight fair. It's something else that I've gotten a lot better about, because in the past I used to fight (verbally, I've never been in a physical fight, unless you count one stupid scratching match in 2nd grade) in a way that was so nasty it was intended to prevent the person I was fighting with from even being able to reply. I fought to cut the other person down as far as I could, and looking back at those situations, I'm ashamed of how I acted and the things that I said. Now I think a lot more about how I'm going to respond to something, but the instinct to fight back and fight hard can often rear it's ugly head, and that's what I'd like to elimate now - the desire, on any level, to fight back like that.

Well, it's time for a shower! Now we'll see if I can continue this tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment