It's not quite 10:00 am and the dishes are done, kitchen is clean....everything is clean. So here I am, on the computer, listening to music ("Tonight" by Enrique Iglesias at the moment) preparing to make a record second post within a month. lol Without further ado, the 3 things I'm grateful for....
1. I'm not quite sure how to put this one into words (some writer I am, huh?) but like I said in my previous post, I feel like a different person, a better person. It's already become second nature to make sure things are clean before I sit down and do nothing, to do the normal things like cleaning the floors every day. This really shouldn't be such a revelation, but this was not something that used to come so naturally. I'm not going to get into why this didn't happen in my previous marriage, and I'm not going to pass off ALL the blame (just most of it....jk) for it, but suffice it to say it just didn't happen like that, and now it does. So I'm grateful for the changes in me, big and small, that this relationship, this life, had inspired.
2. The irony of life. Sometimes I'll just lay next to Vernon at night and marvel that we ended up here, thinking about the vastly different places of life we were in when we met (he was married with 3 kids, I was a teenager - like 15 I think....lol)and now, here we are.....married to each other! I think it's so awesome. I love it when life turns out that way. =)
3. This beautiful weather. The snow is so incredible - I can't imagine ever tiring of the view. (That is, when I'm not out IN it. I much prefer the view from out the window as opposed to standing in it. Because as beautiful it is, it's also FREAKING FREEZING and this California girl is not used to it.)
Aaaaaand the 3 things I need to work on:
1. Making sure I stay in touch with people back in California. Thank goodness for Facebook, right? But not everyone is on Facebook at all or even on a regular basis, and it's mostly superficial interaction that way anyway. I've done the move-and-lose-touch-with-people-you-swore-you-never-would thing before and I want to make sure that doesn't happen this time since there are a lot of awesome family and friends back there that I miss. =)
2. Having the courage to overcome fears. I've done so good ever since I was single this last time and had the chance to figure out who I was on my own and did things like get on a plane by myself when I was terrified of flying and had never done it on my own. There was the fear of flying, which is basically non-existent now that I've done it so many times just in the last couple of months (here and back to California 4 times, California to Minnesota and back, and that's all just since this past October). And now I actually LIKE taking off, and have seriously cut down on the number of paranoid death scenarios I imagine while on the plane. lol AND I used to have this weird claustrophic fear of elevators and getting stuck in them, and I had to get used to those too after flying with two small children and numerous bags so many times. Don't get me wrong, I'd still totally freak out if I got stuck in one, but now I don't freak out just getting in one. lol NOW I need to apply the same "just do it and you'll get used to it" attitude towards driving in the snow and finding my way around this totally new place. This is the first time I've made such a big move and had to learn a completely new area. Before all of my moves that happened when I was old enough for it to matter to me were small ones, from Hilmar to Hughson, one house in Hughson to another house in Hughson, Hughson to Turlock, BACK to Hughson, then to Denair.....you get the picture. This 1,000 mile move is a completely different animal.
3. Getting a job! I sent out a bunch of emails and resumes yesterday, and I'm going to do as much as I can to ensure that I can start working. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment