Sunday, June 28, 2015

Politically Incorrect

I just posted what will inevitably be an extremely unpopular and very long-winded status update on Facebook in regard to the recent Supreme Court decision to legalize gay marriage. I had been wanting to say something along these lines for some time in light of the onslaught of a complete lack of a moral compass we've been witnessing in America today, particularly recently with the media being so focused on Bruce Jenner's gender reassignment and the constant praise of him as being "brave" for doing it, and the absolute vilification of anyone saying anything conservative or religious. I'm so sick of the climate of political correctness and the lack of morality we see everywhere today. Maybe it's been this way for a long time and I'm just seeing the strength of it because of being back in school for the last year. Anyway, I thought it bore repeating: It doesn't matter to Christians whether gay marriage is legal or not. God is in charge of everything, period, regardless of what moral road America takes. Christians have been persecuted since the beginning of time, and not only is this a natural consequence of being a follower of Jesus (John 15:20 ..."since they persecuted Me, naturally they will persecute you"), we have it so much easier than Christians in the past. If you enjoy involved, intellectual books, read "America in Prophecy" by E.G. White, and consider the stories of Luther, Huss, Wesley, (I know I'm forgetting some names) etc, and their contemporaries - all the Christians who lived during the Reformation who dared to take a stand against the Pope, and many of whom met the same end as Christ. Knowing that God is sovereign over all, I'm not worried about what Obama or the Supreme Court says is okay. It's not their opinion that ultimately matters. But here IS what matters - we are at a crossroads in history, not because gay marriage has been legalized, but because it has become accepted, even encouraged, to commit hate crimes against Christians. We WILL be persecuted. It's a fact. But I refuse to stand back and allow sin - of any kind - to be shoved in my face and called "bravery" or something to celebrate without taking a stand. We are all entitled to our opinions, and if you have, for example, one of those "love wins" pictures on your profile, I'm not going to vilify you. Your page, your opinion - your choice whether to follow God to Heaven or the world to hell. And this won't make me popular, but I'm telling you right now, if you can't handle the fact that I think homosexuality and gay marriage are wrong (Romans 1) or that Bruce Jenner is anything but "brave" for calling himself a woman (Deuteronomy 22:5), you should probably just remove yourself from my friends list. I'm tired of being attacked for my beliefs, being told that I'm a bigot, that I'm hateful, that Christianity is archaic or just plain wrong - the list goes on and on. I don't hate people just because I disagree with them. Love is not silent. These so-called feel-good "churches" who think that the "Christian" thing to do is be accepting of sin are in just as dangerous territory as someone who doesn't go to church at all. It is not hateful to encourage someone to live right, just as it is not loving to encourage sin to avoid hurting someone's feelings. It is now more important than ever for Bible-believing Christians to take a stand. Jesus employed many tactics to get his message across, and he did not mince words with people like the hypocritical Pharisees. Because it's "cool" now to be liberal and "accepting", and higher education is turning impressionable kids into politically correct sheeple (not the good kind), we as Christians have an epidemic on our hands. Bottom line: read the Bible for yourself, and take it upon yourself to be the voice that speaks up even though it isn't politically correct or popular. The path to Heaven is narrow, and the world isn't on it. Luke 9:25 - "For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?"

No comments:

Post a Comment