Friday, July 15, 2011

Blah, blah, blah.....

As usual, it's been forever since I've posted anything, and for once a million different things have happened since the last time I wrote. For one thing, the job I was essentially "auditioning" for didn't work out - I've since discovered that it appears they continue to interview, test, and NOT hire groups of 50+ (my guess is maybe they're trying to get creative ads like the ones they had us come up with without having to pay the people that come up with them)since it came down to two of us and they didn't hire either, and over the last three or four weeks, or however long it's been, they have continued to post ads on the job website I check every day on a regular basis. Even though I was disappointed to not get that job, I discovered after the fact that it didn't pay quite as much as we were hoping for, and it's quite a drive, so it turned out to be a blessing in disguise - especially when I got a call to interview for a different job that's in downtown Spokane and pays MORE than we were hoping for. After testing my computer skills and going through the interview, they offered me the job on the spot for an intake analyst at an insurance company. The training for that starts on the 27th (day before my birthday!) so I have a couple of weeks to continue sitting around with my thoughts.

It's been pretty quiet around here for the last few weeks already, since Faith and London are in California with their bio-dad. On June 18th, I believe it was, V and I drove down to Klamath Falls and met Spencer to give him the girls for most of the summer - they'll be back right around Faith's birthday, August 12th. I can't even explain how strange and unsettling it is for them to be gone. I don't sleep well, and I constantly feel like I'm forgetting something. Sure, sleeping in is nice, and it's given me the opportunity to job hunt and go on interviews without having to worry about securing a babysitter, but the perks are few and far between compared to how unnatural and unsettling being without my children is.

V and I did take a little trip last weekend, something that is considerably more difficult with two small children, to Silver Mountain in Idaho. It's an indoor water park, which was a lot of fun. =)This weekend we're probably going to take the boat out, and next weekend we're finally going to get the bunk beds built in Faith and London's room and a bookshelf built in ours (something I've always dreamed of - bookshelves built right into the wall. =))

Despite the fact that a lot has happened since the last time I wrote - my girls going to California, getting hired at exactly the kind of job I've been hoping for and with even better pay - I don't feel like there's much to write about and this has quickly turned into exactly the kind of boring, one-dimensional entry I DIDN'T want to write, so I think I'll save the rest of my thoughts for when I can get them out in an entertaining way. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment