Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What are the odds?






With the odds of something like this happening once, let alone twice, I really need to become a serious lotto player. About five years ago I got Bells Palsy - where one side of your face literally just doesn't work - that lasted about six weeks, a relatively short time for the duration of this particular disease. Now, I have it again - and the odds of that happening are pretty rare, so I figure I better take advantage and play the Washington Powerball. lol After all, it IS up to 200 million, and I wouldn't turn my nose up at that kind of money. :-p

In better news, we have a puppy! We just got her (we think it's a her - when the kids and I were all debating about what she was or what we should name her, I said "since it's in question, why don't we just name her Gaga?") this last Friday. She's a chihuaua, so she won't get a whole lot bigger than she is now, and she is so adorable. She's everyone's puppy, but I'm the one who is home all day and thus feeds her, cleans up after her, bathes her, even lets her sleep with me and gets up at least two or three times a night to have her go to the bathroom or tolerate her spurts of energy at 3 am and 6 am that have her trying to bite my ear, my fingers, whatever she can feasibly reach. It's a lot like having a baby - except she'll never talk back. lol

In even better news, I have a job! It's a part-time summer thing, so I'm still looking for a regular, full-time gig, but this is possibly one of the coolest jobs ever - it's at a big casino a few towns over, and I'll be working in their VIP area for their summer concert series, which means that I get to see a bunch of awesome concerts this summer and get paid for it!! Reba (with Sunny Sweeney, who I also love), Toby Keith, the Steve Miller Band, and the Beach Boys are just a few of the awesome artists I'll get to see this summer. =)

One of the pictures, the one where I'm holding up my elbow, is the remaining battle scars from a quad accident the other weekend. My stepdaughter had friends over and they were running around on the quad and found a gigantic puddle to drive through - even Faith and London were having a blast riding through it, and I decided I wanted to go, too. Jessica's friend was driving, and somehow we hit a patch of something that luckily everyone else had been avoiding, and we tipped over and the quad came down on my side. My hand was bleeding a little when we got back, but it didn't seem all that bad until the next morning when I could barely move my right arm. I had scrapes on the heel of my hand and on my elbow, bruises and scratches all over my body, especially the right side. I couldn't use my right hand until that next Wednesday, I think it was. I'm all for battle scars once they've healed, but while all those injuries were healing, it was pure torture. I had never been so happy in my life to be able to do a sinkful of dishes as I was that Wednesday after three days of not being able to even move my hand.

School will be out for all the older kids next Monday - hard to believe I started dating, got married, and moved out of state all in the span of less than one school year. (Even harder to believe that the dating and getting married part happened in 2 months. lol) Faith and London were going to go visit their biological dad for five weeks beginning the week after school ended, but in order to make it possible for my parents to drive them back here and visit for a few days, we're pushing that back until July 2nd......I am so not looking forward to being away from my kids for that long, but I keep telling myself it was a condiiton of us getting to move up here in the first place, and the end justifies the means. Still.....that won't actually make it any easier.

Well, I think that's it for now. I just had to write something about the things that have been happening recently after finally posting that blog that took me like two months to write. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment