So much for every day! lol At least I can honestly say that the reason I haven't posted anything is because I haven't been on the computer that much. It's been two weeks since I deleted Facebook, and I've found I don't miss it nearly as much as I expected to. It makes it slightly more difficult to get ahold of people since I don't have Facebook and can't text on my new phone (which I love), but it wasn't so hard to get rid of it after all. Imagine that! Me, not on Facebook all the time and totally okay with it. Don't get me wrong, I do miss the ease of talking to and seeing what was going on with everyone - and yes, playing Farmville - but it just wasn't worth the time that I wasted on it.
This is only going to be a short post because I'm in the middle of sorting through papers, cleaning, and typing things up, but it's been longer than I wanted it to be since I posted, so here I am. I've been pretty good about keeping up with my Bible reading, although I don't always read the scheduled chapters. I have a "Women of Faith" Devotional Bible that has a lot of specific references for verses to go to if you're sad, angry, tempted; if you need peace, strength, that kind of thing. It's really helpful. There was one time, about a year and a half ago, I was really upset and really hurt because of something I had heard someone said about me. (There was a lot more to the surrounding circumstances and the details thereof, but that's what was really bothering me at the moment. I sat down with my devotional Bible and read all the verses under the "if you're angry" section.....and just like that, my anger dissolved. The hurt remained, since unfortunately we can't ever FORGET, but the anger was gone. It's not always that simple, but I really like the section in the back of that particular Bible that I can reference in specific situations. I've looked at it recently and read verses for needing peace, facing temptation, being angry and worried....all kinds of things. I'm also just a few chapters away from finishing Exodus and Luke. I've already finished Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Matthew, Mark, and Romans.
The more I read, the less I find I knew! Having been a member of my church for almost 12 years and having read many of these chapters before, a lot of it is familiar - but it's interesting to see what I find that I hadn't caught before, or what seems to be being said in a different sort of voice than I had heard it in before. (Not like in a schizophrenia way - I think you know what I mean. lol)
Part of the process of working towards someday is, I believe, letting go of the past. One of the ways I've done that is that when I got my boxes out of storage last week and found two boxes with loose paper and diaries in them, I took every single one of my diaries and shredded every last page. I don't necessarily think the shredding was necessary to let go of the past - I think the shredding was necessary because my 4-year-old is learning to form sounds into words and will likely be readin soon. Whether they are 5 or 15, my old diaries are not something I want them using for reading material!
I don't have time right now to write down the things I really want to say.....part of me doesn't want to put it all out there (especially since I said there wasn't going to be any complaining on this blog, and I'd like to stick to purely uplifting things) but I know I would feel better if I got it all out. It's nothing too bad, anyway.....so maybe I'll write again soon and write something of more substance. For now, I have a 2-year-old climbing on me that needs love and papers to take care of. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment